A 21-Year Old tennis player was Advised by an umpire in the Australian Open after he Requested a ball Woman to peel his banana for him
- 21-year old Elliot Benchetrit landed himself in trouble in the Australian Open on Saturday after he cheekily requested a ball woman to peel a banana to get him.
- The Frenchman created the eccentric request midway during his final qualifying game against Dmitry Popko, prompting umpire John Blom to measure in.
- Blom advised Benchetrit to peel the banana before the group had a heated exchange words, finishing with Benchetrit seeming to inform Blom to”prevent” several times.
- Soon aftera Twitter accounts that seems to be possessed by the Frenchman hit back at the person who shared the footage, accusing them of accepting”stupidity to a different level.”
- Benchetrit conquer Popko 4-6 6-2 6-3, meaning that he will now face Japan’s Yuichi Sugita from the tournament’s first round.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A 21-year-old Frenchman slipped his way to the umpire’s bad novels in the Australian Open on Saturday after he cheekily requested a ball woman to peel a banana to get him.
Elliot Benchetrit had been midway through his final qualifying game against Dmitry Popko if he had been offered the part of fruit from among the championship’s ball women.
While he admitted the banana, instead of peel it Benchetrit taught the ball woman to do it for him.
The woman, stunned, turned into umpire John Blom, who promptly intervened and advised the Frenchman to pare it .
COPYRIGHT_BP: Published on https://bingepost.com/a-21-year-old-tennis-player-was-told-off-by-an-umpire-at-the-australian-open-after-he-asked-a-ball-girl-to-peel-his-banana-for-him/8427/ by - on 2020-01-20T12:56:20.000Z
Benchetrit and Blom then traded farther words, although it was uncertain what was stated, before Benchetrit seemed to inform Blom to”prevent” several times, prior to returning to the courtroom.
It is possible to watch the eccentric second here:
The footage was also shared on Twitter by Alex Theodoridis, the creator of Tennisportalen, the company which uploaded the footage to YouTube.
“This is the second where Elliot Benchetrit asks the ballkid to peel his banana” Theodoridis posted alongside the video.“I am thankful the umpire (John Blom) stepped in and told him off.”
An account that seems to be possessed by Benchetrit then struck at Theodoridis.
“This video is actually useless and it is not even showing just a tiny portion of what occurred!” He explained. “Poor men, social websites require your stupidity to a different level!”
–Elliot Benchetrit (@elbenchetrit) January 20, 2020
Theodoridis just answered:”I had been there. It reveals exactly what occurred partner.”
The Australian Open didn’t instantly respond to Business Insider’s request for comment.
Benchetrit proceeded to win the game 4-6 6-2 6-3, making sure his evolution into the first round of this championship, where he’ll confront Japan’s Yuichi Sugita.