- A fourth individual in britain has tested positive for the coronavirus, ” said the UK’s chief medical officer on Sunday.
- Professor Chris Whitty said the individual was becoming infected with the virus after coming into contact with a known carrier of this disease in France.
- Before, Spanish medical police said a British man has tested positive for the disease, while three members of the household tested negative.
- The coronavirus is currently more mortal than the SARS outbreak that spanned from China at the first 2000therefore, and has murdered 813 individuals in total.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A Individual has tested positive in the United Kingdom for the coronavirus, bringing the Entire number of instances in the nation to four, stated the UK’s top medical officer on Sunday.
Professor Chris Whitty, the UK’s chief medical officer, said the new situation was infected by coming in contact with a known carrier of the virus from France.
“Pros in Public Health England continue to work difficult tracing patient connections in the united kingdom cases. They identified this person and guaranteed the proper service was supplied.
“The individual was moved to a professional NHS center in The Royal Free Hospital [Camden, London], and we’re currently using powerful infection control measures to prevent any potential further spread of this virus.”
No additional information was released about the new instance.
It functions as 200 individuals on board that the UK’s past evacuation flight from Wuhan, China, in which the disease originated, came at RAF Brize Norton airport on Sunday.
They have been taken into a seminar centre in Milton Keynes, in which they’ll be held in quarantine for 14 days.
Before, a British guy in Majorca tested positive for the disease, said Spanish medical governments. He was a part of a group of four that was analyzed, and he also caught the virus after coming into contact with an individual infected with the disease in France.
Two of the UK instances are Chinese nationas, that are being treated at a hospital at Newcastle, in northeastern England. A third is a guy who stopped in a ski resort in France before returning to the UK from Singapore. A family of five that came into contact in France have tested positive for the disease.
The coronavirus has killed 813 individuals, which makes it deadlier than the SARS, or even severe respiratory disease, epidemic, which originated in China from the first 2000therefore, murdering 774.
Pros though state the speed of deaths from the coronavirus outbreak is lower compared to that from SARS.