Arjun Rampal is a former Indian supermodel who went on to become an actor and director. He rose to prominence after making his acting debut in Rajiv Rai’s romantic drama Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat in 2001. He then went on to appear in films like Don and Rock On!! after a string of flops. He earned the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the latter.
With the film I See You, Arjun became a filmmaker and established his own production company, Chasing Ganesha Films. He’s also performed in stage shows such as Heartthrobs: Live in Concert, Temptations, and Temptations Reloaded all around the country. Temptations and Temptations Reloaded, directed by Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, starred Kareena Kapoor Khan, Katrina Kaif, Rani Mukerji, Saif Ali Khan, and Preity Zinta, among others.
Arjun Rampal is a Bollywood actor and well-known celebrity. Arjun Rampal was born on November 26, 1972, in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India, to businessman Amarjeet Rampal and teacher Gwen Rampal. He and his younger sister, Komal Rampal, attended the prestigious Kodaikanal International School in Palani Hills, Tamil Nadu.
Arjun earned his Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Hindu College, Delhi University, after his graduation. He is also linked to former Bollywood actress Kim Sharma, with whom he co-starred in the film Yakeen.
Arjun was discovered at a party with his schoolmates by renowned Indian designer Rohit Bal, who suggested his friend Ritu Nanda cast him in an ad campaign that she was filming at the time.
Arjun abandoned his modeling job at the height of his career to pursue a career in the film industry to dispel the misconception that models are poor actors. He then went on to make his big-screen debut in Rajiv Rai’s Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat, alongside Sunil Shetty, Aftab Shivdasani, and Keerti Reddy.
Despite the film’s box office failure, Arjun received positive reviews for his success and won the International Indian Film Academy Award for Star Debut Of The Year-Male. Deewaanapan (2001), Dil Hai Tumhaara (2002), Dil Ka Rishta (2003), Asambhav (2004), Yakeen (2005), and Vaada (2005) were both critical and commercial flops (2005).
Arjun made his acting debut in Farhan Akhtar’s Don, which starred Shahrukh Khan in the lead role. The film was a worldwide success, and Arjun was praised for his portrayal of Jasjeet Ahuja, a guy who was duped by Don into stealing diamonds.
He then appeared in Farah Khan’s Om Shanti Om, a light-hearted salute to Bollywood, in a derogatory role for the first time in his career. Arjun got a lot of praise for his depiction of Mukesh Mehra, alias Mike.
Arjun then starred alongside Farhan Akhtar, Shahana Goswami, Prachi Desai, and Purab Kohli in the 2008 Hindi rock musical film Rock On! The film, directed by Abhishek Kapoor, received positive reviews from critics but performed poorly at the box office. “Seldom has a film integrated the music of life into the fabric of a film with such smooth expertise,” Bollywoodhungama’s Prakash K. Jha said of the film.
Every component character and episode falls into place with fluent virility in Rock On!!, a rare occurrence. Arjun made his English film debut in the same year with Rituparno Ghosh’s The Last Lear, which also starred Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta, Shefali Shah, and Divya Dutta.
Arjun went on to star in films like Housefull, Raajneeti, Ra.One, and D-Day during the next few years. Kahaani 2 with Vidya Balan and the sequel to Rock On!!, Rock On!! 2, with Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai, and Purab Kohli in lead roles, are among his 2016 films. Daddy (2017) and Paltan are two of his other film credits (2018).
Arjun Awards & Honours
- Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat won the International Indian Film Academy Award for Star Debut of the Year – Male in 2002.
- Rock On earned the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2008.
- 2009: National Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor for Rock On!!,
- Raajneeti won the Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 2011, and Housefull won the Stardust Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Arjun Rampal Personal Life
In 1998, Arjun Rampal married Mehr Jesia, a former Miss India and Indian supermodel. Mahika Rampal and Myra Rampal, their two children, were born to them. Rampal and Jesia are no longer together. In May 2018, they declared their separation after 20 years of marriage. In November 2019, their divorce was formally finalized in a Bandra case.
Rampal is dating model Gabriella Demetriades at the moment. In April of this year, he made this official. On July 18, 2020, the couple welcomed their first child, Arik Rampal.
Mehr Jesia (Ex-wife)
Mehr Jesia grew up in a Parsi household. Jesia was born on the 30th of November in the year 1968. Home Jesia, his father, was also a model, and Vera Jesia, his mother, was an air hostess. She also has an older sibling, Avan Jesia, who is an author and a writer. She grew up in the Dadar Parsi Colony in Mumbai. She attended J.B. Vachha High School for her education.
While being an undergraduate at Sophia College for Women in Mumbai, she is a college dropout. In the 1980s, she began her modeling career. Before she started modeling, Jesia was interested in athletics. She competed at the national level in badminton and snooker before becoming a model. She was also a competitive swimmer at the state level.
In 1986, Jesia was crowned Femina Miss India. Madhu Sapre, Shyamolie Verma, Feroze Gujral, and Anna Bredmeyer are among the first wave of Indian supermodels.
Arjun Rampal Current Girlfriend Gabriella Demetriades
Demetriades is a South African native. Her mother was a talented painter. Her grandmother was the owner of a garment shop. She earned her bachelor’s degree from a university in Sunnyside, Gauteng, South Africa. Demetriades began modeling when she was 16 years old.
She moved to India to fulfill her modeling ambitions. She rose to prominence after winning the Miss India Premier pageant in 2009. She also appeared in advertisements for products such as Micromax Mobiles. In 2012, she was also the cover girl for FHM magazine’s cover girl. She has also appeared in films.
Gabriella appeared in the Telugu-Tamil film Oopiri and the Hindi film Sonali Cable. She also appeared in singer Aditya Narayan’s single Tu Hi Pyaar Hai’s music video. Aside from that, she has her clothesline, Deme Love.
Arjun Rampal Net Worth
Arjun Rampal is an actor, producer, model, and television host from India, with a net worth of $18 million in 2021. Arjun Rampal was born in November 1972 in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. Rampal has developed himself as one of Bollywood’s leading stars.
25 Amazing Facts About Arjun Rampal
- Yes, Arjun Rampal is a smoker.
- Arjun was born to a Sikh father and a Dutch mother and grew up in a mixed family with a military heritage.
- His mother was solely responsible for his life after his parents divorced.
- Brigadier Gurdayal Singh, his maternal grandfather, was an architect who worked on the first artillery gun for the Indian army after independence.
- He once said that he and his family used Nivea cream often as children. His mother would still apply a dab of Nivea cream to the infected region if he got rashes, rough lips, or something else.
- He began modeling at the age of 17 and by the age of 20 had established himself as a supermodel.
- Mehr, his mom, was also a supermodel in the 1990s, winning the Femina Miss India pageant in 1986.
- During Arjun’s struggle as a model, fashion designer Rohit Bal encountered him at an industry party and was so taken by his appearance that he assisted Arjun in establishing a successful modeling career.
- He was named “Society’s Face Of The Year” in 1994.
- Kim Sharma, a Bollywood star, is his cousin.
- He was given the role of Aftab Shivdasani in his debut Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat, but when Bobby Deol declined, the role went to Arjun. His success received a lot of positive feedback from the crowd.
- Arjun’s success in the film Don marked a turning point in his acting career; previously, he had a string of flops.
- He formed his own production house, “Chasing Ganesha Films,” and his first film under this banner was “I See You,” in which he starred.
- He was taught by Chandresh from the band ‘Dream out Loud’ for his film Rock On!! He also revealed that before learning how to play the guitar properly for the film, he used to practice with a tennis racket. His success in this film is widely regarded as one of his finest in the industry.
- He initially refused to play the antagonist in the film “Om Shanti Om” because he felt his character was too evil, but Shah Rukh Khan persuaded him and he accepted.
- He is a passionate animal lover and a supporter of PETA.
- He was the first option for the role of Karan in the film Lakshya, but the role was given to Hrithik Roshan due to a lack of shooting dates.
- He’s a health nut.
- He debuted his iconic scent line, Alive, in 2012.
- He is a co-owner of the Mumbai nightclub Lap, where he occasionally performs as a DJ.
- Arjun often brings a camera with him as he goes on a shoot because he enjoys being photographed.
- In the 2017 film Daddy, he portrayed Mumbai gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli.
- In a joint statement on May 28, 2018, he and his wife Mehr announced their mutual separation.
- With 7.01 lakh votes cast online, he was voted #1 in the Times 50 Most Desirable Men of 2012.
- Arjun Rampal legally ended his 21-year marriage to Mehr Jesia on November 19, 2019, after a family court in Bandra issued them divorce by mutual consent.
Arjun Rampal Controversies
- Previously, he and Shah Rukh Khan were best friends before their clash after the film Ra. One, when it was rumored that Arjun was unhappy with the way his appearance in SRK’s production film was edited. Arjun, on the other hand, dismissed the rumors.
- Arjun and his wife Mehr were blamed for the Indian players’ poor results in the IPL, as they arranged and organized IPL after-match parties, which were one of the explanations for their poor results.
- Ram Gopal Varma went to Arjun’s house for script narration in 2012, where he said that he despises dogs and children. Mehr then begged him to quit since they have two daughters as well as a puppy.
- After Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan divorced in 2014, rumors began to circulate that Arjun was the reason for their split.
- He was sued for Rs. 1 crore in February 2019 for not repaying a loan he took out.