Giuliani associate claims Pence didn’t attend Ukrainian president’s inauguration because Ukraine didn’t announce an investigation into the Bidens
- Rudy Giuliani’s partner Lev Parnas gave an exclusive interview to MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Wednesday.
- Parnas maintained in the interview which Trump requested Vice President Mike Pence to cancel his visit to Ukraine following the country did not announce an investigation to the Bidens.
- He told Maddow that Pence had been”in the loop” on Trump’s pressure campaign on Ukraine to get an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden.
- Hunter sat on the board of Ukrainian energy firm Burisma till last April.
- A fuller image of Parnas’ function in Trump’s pressure campaign against Ukraine emerged following the House Intelligence Committee released a ton of records linked to Trump’s impeachment trial.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rudy Giuliani’s Ukrainian partner promised to MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow which Vice President Mike Pence had been”in the loop” about the Trump’s pressure campaign on Ukraine.
Lev Parnas gave an exclusive interview to”The Rachel Maddow Show” on Wednesday, also maintained that President Donald Trump requested Pence to cancel his visit to Kyiv for Ukrainian President Zelensky’s inauguration later Ukraine did not announce an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, who served on the board of Ukrainian energy firm Burisma till last April.
–Anthony DeRosa🗽 (@Anthony) January 16, 2020
–Andrew Desiderio (@AndrewDesiderio) January 16, 2020
COPYRIGHT_BP: Published on https://bingepost.com/giuliani-associate-claims-pence-didnt-attend-ukrainian-presidents-inauguration-because-ukraine-didnt-announce-an-investigation-into-the-bidens/5985/ by - on 2020-01-16T04:30:16.000Z
“In my own awareness, Trump called up and said to ensure Pence does not go there,” Parnas informed Maddow.
He advised Maddow he had been”100 percent” convinced that Pence did not attend Zelensky’s inauguration since the nation hadn’t declared the Biden investigation.
“This was the secret to where we are now, because then, have a peek at what transpires,” Parnas continued. “Over the next few times, all of a sudden they understand today — they get phrase because clearly when Pence cancelsthey receive word that Pence isn’t coming. So today they realize what I was telling them was accurate.”
“I will use a famous quote by Mr. [Gordon] Sondland: everyone’was at the loop,'” Parnas stated in reaction to Maddow’s query regarding if the vice president has been conscious of his presence in the inauguration was determined by Ukraine’s statement of this analysis.
–Pod Save America (@PodSaveAmerica) January 16, 2020
Parnas’ chief function in Trump’s pressure campaign against Ukraine emerged following the House Intelligence Committee released a slew of documents — such as text messages, handwritten notes, along with also a letter from Giuliani into Zelensky — associated with the impeachment procedure.
The House voted in December to impeach President Trump about 2 counts, associated with the allegations he used his power for political advantage, which he blocked a congressional analysis. Trump has claimed his innocence in the matter, calling the impeachment question a”hoax” and there was no quid pro quo.
In reaction to this Parnas interview,” Giuliani issued a statement to The Washington Post’s Josh Dawsey, stating to”think him at your peril”
–Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) January 16, 2020
The White House did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
Parnas and yet another of Giuliani’s partners, Igor Fruman, were indicted last October on campaign finance violation charges concerning a contribution to a group behind Trump’s re-election effort. Both pleaded not guilty.