How To Change Your Appearance After Starting - Bannerlord
In this piece, we will be talking about on how to change your appearance after starting - Bannerlord. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, developed by TaleWorlds Entertainment, is a highly anticipated sequel to the beloved Mount & Blade series.
This installment offers players an expansive sandbox world in which they can carve out their destinies as warlords, traders, and adventurers. One intriguing facet of the game is the ability to customize and change your character's appearance.
Whether you're dissatisfied with your initial appearance or simply want a fresh look to reflect your progress and growth in the game, Bannerlord provides numerous ways to alter your character's appearance. This article delves into the methods and options available to transform your character's appearance in Bannerlord.
At the outset of your journey in Bannerlord, the first step towards altering your character's appearance begins during the character creation process. Players can meticulously design their character's facial features, hairstyle, skin tone, and more.
Character Creation Guide - Complete Guide To Character Leveling & Creation for Bannerlord
This initial customization offers a level of personalization that helps you connect with your character. While this choice is significant, it's important to note that you're not locked into these selections forever. As you progress in the game, you'll discover various ways to refine or overhaul your appearance.
For players seeking relatively straightforward alterations to their character's appearance, visiting a barber is the solution. Scattered throughout the game world, towns and cities feature barber shops that offer an array of hairstyles and facial hair options.
By spending a modest amount of in-game currency, you can entirely transform your character's hairstyle, hair color, and beard style. This feature grants you the ability to make quick and easy changes whenever you desire a fresh look.
For more comprehensive and profound transformations, you can opt for plastic surgery. Specific towns or cities in Bannerlord house skilled surgeons who can reshape your character's facial features, including eyes, nose, mouth, and more.
Plastic surgery is a more involved process compared to a simple visit to the barber. It demands a more substantial payment and potentially requires some recovery time. However, it's a potent option for players aiming to redefine their character's identity entirely.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord also provides players with the opportunity to enrich their characters' narratives through the addition of tattoos and scars. These visual marks can reflect your character's history, achievements, or personal choices.
Some towns may feature skilled tattoo artists who offer a range of designs, allowing you to create a unique and meaningful mark on your character's appearance. Scars, on the other hand, can be acquired through battles and combat experiences, adding a touch of rugged realism to your character's visage.
Although not directly affecting facial features, accessories and armor significantly influence your character's appearance. Bannerlord offers a vast assortment of armor sets, helmets, cloaks, and other accessories that allow players to create a distinct visual identity for their characters.
As you progress in the game and accumulate wealth, you can invest in higher-quality equipment that not only enhances your combat capabilities but also reinforces your chosen aesthetic.
For those playing Bannerlord on PC, the modding community opens up a realm of endless possibilities for changing your character's appearance. Modders create custom content, ranging from new hairstyles and facial features to entirely unique clothing and armor sets. By leveraging mods, players can tailor their character's appearance to their exact specifications, ensuring a one-of-a-kind visual representation in the game world.
The decision to edit your character's appearance in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord can stem from a variety of motivations, each contributing to a more immersive and engaging gameplay experience:
- Role-Playing and Immersion - Bannerlord encourages players to immerse themselves fully in the world and their characters. Altering your character's appearance can enhance the depth of your role-playing experience. Whether you're evolving your character's look to match their evolving story or simply reflecting their journey through cosmetic changes, this customization allows you to inhabit your character more fully.
- Personal Connection - Creating a connection between the player and their character is essential in open-world RPGs. By customizing your character's appearance, you establish a personal connection that can deepen as the game progresses. The changes you make can act as a visual reminder of the experiences your character has gone through, fostering a sense of investment and empathy.
- Visual Progression - A character's journey through Bannerlord is a saga of growth and development. Editing their appearance can be a powerful way to reflect this progression. A warrior who started as a novice might have scars and a rugged demeanor after countless battles, while a trader who's amassed wealth might don more opulent clothing. These changes mirror the narrative journey and achievements, making the character's growth tangible.
- Aesthetic Preference - Sometimes, the desire for change is purely about aesthetics. As you spend more time in the game, you might simply grow tired of your initial choices or discover new styles that resonate more with your evolving taste. The game's customizable options allow you to experiment and align your character's appearance with your personal aesthetic preferences.
- Narrative Expression - Tattoos, scars, and other cosmetic changes offer a unique way to tell your character's story visually. These visual markers can symbolize significant events, alliances, or personal philosophies. Such alterations not only provide you with a means of personal expression but also deepen your character's involvement in the game world.
How to change your appearance and re-spec Skill Points. Mount and Blade 2:Bannerlord
Changing your character's appearance in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a process that involves several steps:
- Locate the Barber or Surgeon - Your first step is to find a barber or surgeon in the game world. These NPCs are typically found in towns and cities, where they offer their services to players seeking to change their appearance.
- Interact with the NPC - Approach the barber or surgeon and interact with them to initiate the customization process. This interaction will open up a user interface where you can explore different options for altering your character's appearance.
- Select Changes - Depending on the service you're using, you'll be able to adjust various aspects of your character's appearance. This can include hairstyles, hair colors, facial features, and even tattoos or scars.
- Preview Changes - Take advantage of the preview feature to see how the changes will affect your character's appearance before committing. This ensures that you're satisfied with the modifications you're making.
- Confirm Changes - Once you're content with your selections, confirm the changes. This step usually involves a payment in in-game currency. For more involved changes, such as plastic surgery, there might also be a recovery time during which your character's appearance gradually shifts.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord extends the customization options beyond your main character. You can also change your companions' appearances:
- Access the Party Screen - Begin by opening the party screen, accessible by clicking on your character portrait located at the bottom center of the screen. This will display your entire party, including companions.
- Select a Companion - Click on the portrait of the companion whose appearance you wish to modify. This action will open a detailed menu dedicated to that companion.
- Edit Appearance - Within the companion menu, you'll find an option to edit their appearance. This typically includes the ability to change their hairstyle, hair color, and possibly other aspects.
- Apply Changes - Similar to altering your own character's appearance, you'll be able to preview and apply the changes you've selected for your companion.
- Confirm and Pay - After finalizing the changes, confirm them. Depending on the changes, you might need to pay an associated fee. Once the changes are confirmed, your companion will sport their new look.
In Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, the game's factions and cultures play a significant role in shaping the appearance of characters and companions. Each faction boasts a unique culture, which is reflected in the clothing, armor, and overall aesthetic of its members. This provides another layer of customization, as your character's appearance can be influenced by the faction they align with.
- Faction Influence - When your character joins a particular faction, their appearance might be subtly or significantly influenced by the faction's cultural traits. For instance, if you align with the battlemasters of the Vlandians, you might find yourself adopting their proud and feudal-inspired attire, complete with ornate helmets and intricate armor. Similarly, a partnership with the horse-riding Khuzait might lead to a shift towards nomadic clothing and accessories.
- Cultural Armor and Attire - As your character rises through the ranks of their chosen faction, they'll have access to faction-specific armor and attire. These items not only enhance your combat capabilities but also add to the authenticity of your character within their chosen faction. Adorning faction-specific armor and attire can make you feel more integrated into the faction's culture and aesthetic.
How Does Character Appearance Customization Contribute To The Immersive Experience In Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?
Character appearance customization in Bannerlord enhances immersion by allowing players to visually represent their character's growth, experiences, and alignment with different factions, fostering a deeper connection to the game world.
Factions influence a character's appearance through their unique cultural traits. Joining a faction often leads to adopting their distinctive attire and armor, reinforcing the character's affiliation and creating a more cohesive visual identity.
How Can Players Utilize Modding To Further Enhance And Customize Character Appearances In Bannerlord?
Modding in Bannerlord offers players the opportunity to expand customization beyond the game's built-in options. By leveraging mods, players can access a wide range of additional hairstyles, facial features, clothing, and armor, enabling them to create characters that better align with their creative visions.
We hope you learned more about how to change your appearance after starting - Bannerlord. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord offers a rich tapestry of options for altering your character's appearance.
Whether you seek a subtle refinement or a complete transformation, the game provides numerous avenues to customize your character's look. From barbers and plastic surgeons to tattoos, scars, and the vast world of modding, players can create a character that truly resonates with their vision.
As you immerse yourself in the intricate world of Bannerlord, take advantage of these opportunities to mold your character's appearance into a reflection of your journey and achievements.