How To Level Smithing In Bannerlord - Raise Smithing Skill
If you want to know more on how to level Smithing in Bannerlord – raise Smithing skill, then this piece is for you.
In the realm of Calradia, a land teeming with warfare and political intrigue, the skill of Smithing in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord offers players a unique opportunity to create weapons, armor, and tools that can turn the tide of battles and shape the fate of kingdoms.
This detailed guide will walk you through the intricate process of raising your Smithing skill, enabling you to become a true master of the forge.
Smithing in Bannerlord revolves around refining raw materials into valuable items. A higher Smithing skill allows you to craft higher-quality gear. Your Smithing skill is divided into four disciplines: Weapons, Armors, Tools, and Skilled Crafts. Each discipline governs specific types of items, and as you level up, you'll gain access to more advanced blueprints.
COPYRIGHT_BP: Published on https://bingepost.com/how-to-level-smithing-in-bannerlord-raise-smithing-skill/ by Kelvin Farr on 2023-09-06T19:31:13.674Z
The Ultimate Guide to Bannerlord: Smithing - Complete guide to refining, smelting, crafting & Orders
To start your journey as a blacksmith, you must collect raw materials. Iron ore is obtained through mining operations in mines found near towns or settlements. Hardwood, a critical resource, can be acquired by visiting forests and using the "Gather Hardwood" option. Charcoal is created by refining hardwood at a charcoal kiln. Establish trade routes with towns and villages to ensure a steady supply of these resources.
Workshops are essential for a successful smithing enterprise. By investing in workshops focused on producing raw materials such as iron and hardwood, you can ensure a consistent supply of resources. These workshops, once optimized, will generate a substantial income and contribute to the development of your crafting empire.
Commence your smithing journey by crafting basic items to acquaint yourself with the mechanics. Crafting simpler items, such as throwing weapons or low-level armor, provides experience points that contribute to skill progression. Refining raw materials is equally important. As your skill improves, you can extract higher-quality components from raw materials, contributing to your experience gains.
Unwanted or excess weapons and armor can be smelted down to obtain valuable resources. Smelting serves as a recycling method, enabling you to reclaim materials like iron and steel from equipment you no longer need. This not only helps with resource management but also contributes to leveling up your Smithing skill.
Recruit skilled companions and assign them to your party to unlock passive bonuses to your Smithing skill. Each companion excels in different crafting disciplines, so assemble a well-rounded team to maximize your crafting capabilities.
Engaging in battles and sieges provides opportunities to capture enemy weapons and armor. These items can be melted down for resources or refined for experience points. Participating actively in combat also rewards you with combat-related experience points that contribute to your overall skill progression.
As your Smithing skill improves, you'll unlock blueprints for more advanced items. Focus on crafting items that not only provide valuable experience points but also suit your playstyle and the needs of your party. Crafting powerful weapons and well-forged armor can greatly enhance your effectiveness in battles.
Your reputation as a master blacksmith will grow as you create exceptional gear. The quality of your items and the renown you accumulate can attract the attention of faction leaders and nobles. This recognition can open doors to alliances, quests, and other opportunities.
The Smithing skill tree features a variety of perks that grant unique advantages. These perks can increase the chances of crafting masterwork items, reduce resource requirements, improve smelting yields, and more. Strategically select perks that align with your crafting goals and playstyle.
Becoming a master blacksmith in Bannerlord requires dedication and practice. Embrace a trial-and-error approach, experiment with different crafting techniques, and learn from your mistakes. The process of perfecting your craft may be long, but the rewards are well worth the effort.
In Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, Smithing is a multi-faceted system that allows players to refine raw materials into valuable weapons, armor, tools, and skilled crafts. This intricate skill is divided into four disciplines, each specializing in a distinct category of items:
- Weapons - This discipline focuses on crafting various types of weapons, from swords and axes to bows and throwing weapons. As you level up in Weaponsmithing, you'll unlock blueprints for more advanced and powerful weapons, enabling you to outfit yourself and your troops with top-notch gear.
- Armors - The Armors discipline covers crafting helmets, body armor, shields, and other protective equipment. Raising your Armorsmithing skill not only grants access to superior armor blueprints but also improves your ability to customize and modify these items to suit different combat situations.
- Tools - Tools are essential for daily life and commerce in Calradia. The Tools discipline allows you to craft various utility items like hunting bows, fishing spears, and crafting tools. While not directly combat-focused, these items can be vital for your party's survival and economic success.
- Skilled Crafts - The Skilled Crafts discipline encompasses a diverse range of items, including musical instruments, banner designs, and even luxury items like fine clothing and jewelry. While these items might not be directly tied to combat, they can serve as valuable trade goods or tokens of prestige.
As you perform Smithing-related actions, such as crafting, refining, smelting, and forging, you accumulate experience points within the respective discipline. These experience points contribute to your skill progression and increase your proficiency in crafting more advanced items.
Raising your Smithing skill in Bannerlord requires a combination of resource management, strategic decision-making, and hands-on crafting.
Bannerlord How to Level Smithing Fast
To effectively level up your Smithing skill, follow these steps:
- Resource Gathering - Begin by gathering essential resources such as iron ore, hardwood, and charcoal. These materials form the foundation of your crafting endeavors and are necessary for creating high-quality gear.
- Crafting Basic Items - Start with crafting basic items within each discipline. Craft simple weapons, basic armor pieces, tools, and skilled crafts. Crafting simpler items at the beginning allows you to get comfortable with the mechanics and steadily earn experience points.
- Refining Materials - Experiment with refining raw materials to gain additional experience points. This process not only aids in skill progression but also provides you with a surplus of refined materials that can be used in crafting.
- Smelting and Melting - Disassemble unwanted or outdated weapons and armor through smelting. This yields valuable raw materials that can be used for crafting and refining. Additionally, refining captured enemy equipment from battles and sieges contributes to your Smithing experience.
- Crafting Advanced Items - As your Smithing skill improves, venture into crafting more advanced items. These items offer higher experience rewards and often have superior attributes compared to basic gear.
- Assign Companions - Recruit companions with Smithing-related skills and assign them to your party. These companions provide passive bonuses that enhance your overall crafting efficiency and experience gains.
- Selecting Perks - Utilize the Smithing skill tree's perks to your advantage. Choose perks that align with your crafting goals, whether they enhance crafting efficiency, increase item quality, or reduce resource consumption.
- Legendary Weapons - Aim to forge legendary weapons, which are renowned for their power and rarity. Crafting these items is challenging, but the experience rewards are substantial and can significantly boost your Smithing skill.
Forging weapons is widely regarded as one of the most effective methods to level up your Smithing skill in Bannerlord. Weaponsmithing offers a diverse array of blueprints, allowing you to create a variety of weapons tailored to different combat scenarios. Here's an in-depth strategy for raising your Smithing level through forging weapons:
- Starting with Simplicity - Initiate your weaponsmithing journey by crafting basic weapons, such as simple swords, axes, or throwing weapons. These items require fewer resources and provide a gradual introduction to the crafting process.
- Exploring Tiered Weapons - Progress to crafting tiered weapons that demand a mix of various components. Tiered weapons offer greater experience rewards, making them valuable for leveling up your Smithing skill.
- Modification Experimentation - As your Smithing skill advances, experiment with modifying weapons. Adding various components like grips, pommels, and guards not only improves the attributes of the weapon but also enhances your experience gains.
- Faction-Specific Gear - Craft weapons unique to different factions to earn substantial experience points. Faction-specific gear tends to be in high demand, which can translate into both combat advantages and trading opportunities.
- The Challenge of Legendary Weapons - Strive to craft legendary weapons, which are not only powerful but also exceptionally rare. While the difficulty is high, forging legendary weapons rewards you with substantial experience points and establishes you as a master blacksmith.
- Leverage Smithing Parties - Utilize your companions' skills by assigning those with Weaponsmithing expertise to your party. The passive bonuses they provide enhance your crafting efficiency and increase experience gains.
The path to becoming a master blacksmith in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord demands a blend of patience, practice, and strategic decision-making. By mastering the intricacies of Smithing, refining raw materials, crafting weapons, and capitalizing on companion bonuses, you can effectively raise your Smithing level and become a revered blacksmith in the tumultuous world of Calradia.
Crafting a variety of tiered weapons and armors while refining materials and smelting unwanted gear are effective ways to quickly level up your Smithing skill. Additionally, participating in battles and sieges to acquire enemy equipment for smelting or refining can contribute significantly to skill progression.
Which Types Of Items Offer The Highest Experience Rewards For Smithing In Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?
Crafting higher-tier weapons and armor tends to provide the highest experience rewards in Smithing. Weapons with intricate components and modifications, like polearms or crossbows, often yield more experience than simpler items like basic swords or axes.
Are There Specific Companions With Smithing-related Skills That Provide Better Bonuses For Crafting In Bannerlord?
Yes, certain companions possess higher skills in Smithing-related disciplines like Weaponsmithing or Armorsmithing. These companions, when assigned to your party, offer passive bonuses that enhance your crafting efficiency and increase experience gains in their respective disciplines.
We hope you learned more about how to level Smithing in Bannerlord – raise Smithing skill. Mastering the art of Smithing in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a journey filled with challenges and rewards. By understanding the intricacies of gathering resources, refining materials, crafting items, and leveraging perks, you can raise your Smithing skill to unprecedented heights.
As you progress, you'll witness not only your own growth as a blacksmith but also the impact of your creations on the ever-shifting landscape of Calradia. So, equip yourself with knowledge, wield your hammer with skill, and forge a legacy that will echo through the annals of history.