Kangana Ranaut - Most Successful Actress In 2021
Kangana Ranautis one of the most successful and well-paid actresses in Bollywood. Ranaut's debut as an actress began in September 2005, when filmmaker Anurag Basu saw her enjoying coffee in a cafe and asked her for the lead part in Gangster. The film was released in 2006 and was a box office hit. She has appeared on India's Forbes Celebrity list five times.
She initially aspired to be a doctor due to her father and mother's support. She moved to Delhi at the age of 16 with the purpose of establishing a career, and she briefly became a model. Kangana Ranaut made her feature film début in 2006 with Gangster, for which she received the Filmfare Award for best female actress after training with a playhouse director. She has also gained praise for her portrayal of emotionally charged characters in the films Life in a Metro, Woh Lamhe, and Fashion.
Ranaut, who is 35 years old, is one of the youngest actresses to receive the prestigious National Film Awards. She was named Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008). She has received a total of three national honors as of 2017. One for Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008) and two for Best Actress for Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2014). (2015).
She is regarded by the media as one of the country's most popular celebrities, and she has launched her own clothing lines under the Vero Moda brand. Kangana's reputation for expressing his true feelings in public, as well as his complicated relationships, has been frequently criticized.
Ranaut is well-known for her candor in voicing her views in public on topics ranging from film to feminism. Ranaut spoke out against gender inequality and nepotism in Bollywood in a televised interview presented by Anupama Chopra, which went viral online.
Ranaut accused filmmaker Karan Johar of fostering nepotism in Bollywood and being a part of the "movie mafia" on an episode of the chat show "Koffee with Karan." This sparked heated arguments and disputes both inside and outside the industry, with many people taking sides. She, on the other hand, was generally praised for her candor.
Full name: Kangana Amardeep Ranaut
Nickname: Arshad, OTA (One Take Actor)
Age: 35 years old
Date of Birth: 23th day of March 1986
Place of Birth: Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Profession: Actress, Writer and Director
Height: 5’ 6’’
Weight: 55 kg
Hometown: Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Ethnicity: Kshatriya (Rajput)
Marital Status: Unmarried
She is from a Rajput family. Asha Ranaut, Kangana's mother, is a schoolteacher, and Amardeep Ranaut, her father, is a businessman. Akshat, her younger brother. Rangoli Chandel, an Indian social activist and acid assault survivor, is Kangana's elder sister. Rangoli works in India on a variety of social concerns and for women who confront injustice. Rangoli, as an activist, has always been in the center of controversy due to her unvarnished comments on social issues and Bollywood. Rangoli most recently attacked Forbes India's monthly issue Forbes Celebrity 100 in 2019 for containing false information about celebs.
Sarju Singh Ranaut, Kangana's great-grandfather, was a member of the Legislative Assembly, and her grandfather was an official in the Indian Administrative Service. Kangana grew up in a combined family at their ancestral haveli (mansion) in Bhambla, describing her childhood as "simple and cheerful." Kangana, on the other hand, is claimed to have run away from her family in Bhambla and moved to Mumbai with the dream of becoming an actress.
- Kangana Ranaut loves to eat Berry Burst and Dal-Chawal.
- She loves to drink coffee and red wine.
- She loves to eat in Italian Cuisines.
- Her favorite Actors are Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Sridevi, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn are her favorite actresses.
- Her favorite moviesare Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Piku and Bombay Velvet.
- She loves the color black.
- Mahatma Gandhi Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments With Truth By Mahatma Gandhi is her favorite book.
- She loves to play basketball.
- Her perfume is Chanel no. 5.
- Her favorite fashion icon was Sonam Kapoor.
- KongPoush in Mumbai was her favorite restaurant.
- Her favorite hotels are Soho Grand Hotel in New York, Le Meurice in Paris, Four Seasons in Maldives and Courthouse in London.
- Paris, Milan, London and New York were her favorite country destinations.
- Kangana Ranaut does smoke.
- She also drinks alcohol.
- The youngest actress to get a national award.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer who studied for four years at Nateshwar Nritya Kala Mandir under Rajendra Chaturvedi.
- She is a vegetarian who enjoys cooking in her spare time. PETA named Kangana Ranaut "India's hottest vegetarian" in 2013..
- Kangana received her first of three National Awards for her performance in the 2008 film 'Fashion.'
- Kangana Ranaut's directorial debut is 'Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi.'
- Surprisingly, despite having been in the industry for so long, Kangana has only seen 10 movies. Instead of watching movies, she prefers to read books.
- She is also an excellent basketball player.
- Kangana Ranaut, at the age of 22, is one of the youngest actresses to win the prestigious National Film Awards.
- She has appeared on Forbes India's Celebrity 100 list six times.
- Kangana received her first of three National Awards for her performance in the 2008 film 'Fashion.' She received the Best Supporting Actress award, while Priyanka Choprareceived the Best Actress National Award for the same film.
- Kangana was forced to leave her family's Himachal Pradesh home and did not talk to them for several years since her father was dissatisfied with her decision to become an actor.
- Kangana moved to Delhi at the age of 16 and began modeling for the Elite Modeling Agency in France. She quit modeling to become a member of the Asmita Theatre Group. She appeared in several plays directed by Arvind Gaur.
- Few people are aware that Kangana co-wrote the dialogues for the 2014 film 'Queen.'
- Kangana claimed in one of her interviews that her father slapped her for the first time because she wanted to stop her academics at the age of 15 and pursue the profession of sculpting.
- In the media, the actor is regarded as one of the most fashionable celebrities in the country. Kangana has her own apparel collections under the Vero Moda brand.
- Her dream before turning 30 was to live in many countries and locations.
Kangana Ranaut is an Indian actress who primarily features in Hindi films. She has received various honors, including the Padma Shri, the Republic of India's fourth highest civilian award, four National Film Awards, four Filmfare Awards, three International Indian Film Academy Awards, and one prize each from the Screen, Zee Cine, and Producers Guild award ceremonies.
Ranaut made her acting début in 2006 as the lead in the thriller Gangster, for which she received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut, among other honors. Her performances in Woh Lamhe (2006) as a role based on actress Parveen Babi and Life in a... Metro (2007) as a savvy socialite earned her a Stardust Award for Breakthrough Performance - Female. Ranaut earned several honors, including the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress and a Filmfare Award in the same category for her performance as a drug-addicted supermodel in the drama Fashion (2008). She also appeared as a country girl in her first Tamil film, Dhaam Dhoom, in 2008.
Ranaut went on to star in a number of commercially successful films, including the supernatural thriller Raaz: The Mystery Continues (2009), the crime picture Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), the romantic comedy Tanu Weds Manu (2011), and the comedy Double Dhamaal (2012). (2011). She was nominated for several awards for her performance in Tanu Weds Manu, including the Screen Award for Best Actress and the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor – Female. She then had brief parts in a string of box office disasters that did nothing to advance her career. She stated that she took on some of these jobs owing to a lack of good parts.
Ranaut starred as Kaya, a shapeshifting mutant, in the science fictionpicture Krrish 3, which went on to become one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all time. For the film, she was nominated for an IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress. Ranaut received great acclaim for her performance as the protagonist in Queen (2014), a coming-of-age film for which she also co-wrote the dialogues with Anvita Dutt Guptan. She received multiple honors for her performance in Queen, including the Filmfare and National Film Award for Best Actress. Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015), Ranaut's sequel to Tanu Weds Manu, became the first Bollywood film with a female lead to gross more than 1 billion rupees (US$14 million) in India. For her performance, she got a second consecutive National Film Award for Best Actress as well as a Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.
In 2021, Ranaut won another National Film Award for Best Actress at the 67th National Film Awards for her performance in the 2019 Hindi period drama film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi and the 2020 Hindi sports drama film Panga. This was Ranaut's 3rd win in the best actress category and overall her 4th National Award.