Kukai Wallet - One Of The Safest Wallets To Store Your Tezos Tokens
Do you know that all you need to make your own cryptocurrency wallet is a Twitter account? Let's take a look at how the Kukai wallet can help with this.
You must have seen a rise in demand for tools and services that would make novices' plunges into the cryptocurrency rabbit hole easier.
First and foremost, digital wallets have recently been integrated into well-known social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Google, allowing new users to begin exploring the cryptocurrency market through a familiar interface. Let's look at the procedure.
COPYRIGHT_BP: Published on https://bingepost.com/kukai-wallet/ by Kelvin Farr on 2023-01-19T04:54:39.736Z
Users can send tez using their social network accounts rather than lengthy addresses because the wallet supports DirectAuth, a quick and safe sign-up process for Twitter, Google, and Reddit accounts. In this article, we'll demonstrate how to sign up for a Kukai account via Twitter.
When interacting with dApps within the Tezos ecosystem, Kukai is the wallet to use. In particular, Kukai offers the simplest means of buying, selling, and even gifting non-fungible tokens (NFTs) that you already possess.
NiftyFilm Education Series - How to Create a Kukai Wallet on Tezos
- Go to the official Kukai wallet website. On the homepage, there are four sign-up options: Google, Twitter, Facebook, or Reddit. Since Twitter is where the majority of the online crypto and NFT communities congregate, we'll use it in this example.
- If you already have a Twitter account set up in your browser, all you have to do is click the symbol for Twitter, wait for the pop-up to load, and then click the "Authorize App" button to log in to the website's pre-made Tezos wallet. If your Twitter account is not already logged in, you will be asked to enter your Twitter username and password and then the same process will happen again. When you're finished, the Kukai wallet will automatically load.
- Your wallet balance and address are now visible. People can send you tez via your Twitter handle rather than your official wallet address because you log in with your Twitter account.
- As an alternative, you can follow the instructions on this page to create a Kukai account, just like you would with any other cryptocurrency wallet.
You should be aware that the FA2-based tokens, which are the norm for tokens on the Tezos blockchain, can be stored in your Kukai wallet in addition to tez.
You must buy tez from exchanges that trade it, such as Binance, Coinbase, Huobi, KuCoin, Kraken, and many more, in order to fund your Kukai wallet.
Tez must be sent to your wallet's address after purchase. You must access your Kukai Wallet web dashboard because exchanges do not now accept sending Tez via a Twitter handle.
When you select "Copy" on the Kukai dashboard (number 3 in the screenshot above), your wallet address is automatically copied to the clipboard.
When you withdraw an FA2 token from your exchange, copy and paste the address for your Kukai Wallet into the "destination address" field.
- Use a browser to access your Kukai wallet.
- When you click the "Send" button (No. 6 in the screenshot above), a popup window requesting the amount of tez you wish to send will appear. You must switch the sending address from "Tezos Address" to "Twitter" on the drop-down box if you wish to send to a Twitter account.
- Type in your recipient's Twitter handles or Tezos address, as desired. Keep in mind that the @ symbol is required for Twitter.
- Enter the desired amount in the field.
- When you're done, click "Preview" to let the app look for a Tezos wallet linked to the Twitter username you chose.
Users of Kukai Wallet can quickly assign their tez to a baker, which can result in staking benefits. Tezos delegators can keep their funds instead of giving them to a baker, whereas other chains require delegators to place bonds in order to stake.
- The initial step is to investigate the top bakers to assign tasks. Make sure to only assign work to a reputable baker by exercising due diligence. A list can be found at Baking Bad (image above).
- Click on your Baker on Baking Bad after selecting it.
- A link to the Baker's page, where you can obtain its Tezos address, will be sent to you. Adapt it.
- Go to the web interface for your Kukai Wallet and click the hamburger icon in the top-right corner.
- You will likely see the status "NOT STAKING," which is highlighted in red, on the staking field. Click "Enter Custom Baker" after doing that.
- Copy and paste the Baker's address into the appropriate field, then click "Stake."
- A window with a "Confirm" button will appear. Just click on it.
- A Twitter permission window will appear; select "Authorize app." In a short while, you'll get word that the delegation was successful.
Tezos Wallet: an Introduction to Kukai Wallet
Yes, Kukai Wallet is one of the best and most well-known Tezos wallets on the market.
Yes, it is completely safe. Due to the incredible security features it has, Kukai is one of the safest wallets to keep your Tezos tokens. The possibility of offline transactions is one of these features. It simply means that you can assign your preferred transaction even without an online connection.
- Open the Kukai wallet program.
- On the start page, select "Import Wallet."
- Browse or look for a Keystore file that has previously been encrypted.
- Enter the encryption key that was used to protect the Keystore file.
The Tezos blockchain's longest-running web3 wallet, Kukai Wallet, has been around since at least 2018. The best wallet for Tezos, which was just a year old at the time, was developed by Swedish developer Klas Harrysson.
Harrysson's decision to develop DirectAuth, a feature that allowed users to send and receive content using social media identities, was crucial to their path of onboarding more than a million people, and everything began to gain traction at that point.
It began focusing on the Tezos NFT scene, one of the most active environments for 1/1 art in all of cryptocurrency, in 2021. Many of the wallet's features are specifically designed for NFT fans, although it also supports other cryptocurrencies like XTZ, USDC, etc.