New audio shows that Elizabeth Warren accused Bernie Sanders of ‘calling her a liar on national TV’ in a heated post-debate encounter
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont have been participated in a rare show of discord following both disagreed on if he said a girl could not win the presidency.
- CNN released sound from the stressed exchange following the Democratic argument between Warren and Sanders on Tuesday night.
- Warren confronted Sanders following both appeared on stage from the Democratic main debate, accusing him of calling her a”liar on national TV.”
- Sanders responded by stating,”Let’s not discuss that today,” before throwing the accusation back .
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
CNN released sound from the market between Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders following the Democratic debate in Iowa on Tuesday night.
Warren and Sanders are participated in a rare series of public discord, following Warren verified reports that Sanders told me that he did not think a girl could win the presidency. The remark was allegedly made through a closed-door assembly in 2018. Sanders has denied stating the remark.
The debate appeared on Monday, only 1 day prior to both seemed on stage for the Democratic argument, before the Iowa caucuses following month. Throughout the discussion, the senator from Vermont continued to deny he explained the remark.
“I believe you called me a liar on national TV,” Warren said following the discussion, based on sound released by CNN.
COPYRIGHT_BP: Published on https://bingepost.com/new-audio-shows-that-elizabeth-warren-accused-bernie-sanders-of-calling-her-a-liar-on-national-tv-in-a-heated-post-debate-encounter/5937/ by - on 2020-01-16T02:07:43.000Z
–Ursula Perano (@UrsulaPerano) January 16, 2020
“You would like to get this dialogue, we will have that dialogue. Let’s not discuss that at this time. You called me a liar… let us not do so at this time,” Sanders reacted before walking to greet fellow 2020 candidate Tom Steyer.
During a private meeting in December 2018, Warren stated she met with Sanders to talk about the 2020 election along with the subject of the chance of a female Democratic candidate came up.
“I believed a girl could acquire; he cried,” Warren explained in a statement on Monday. She said she would not say any more since”Bernie and I’ve got a lot more in common than our differences on punditry.”
When the story first broke CNN, Sanders refused that the trade.
“It’s ludicrous to think that in precisely the exact same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was planning to run for presidentI would inform her that a girl could not win,” he told CNN in a statement. “It is sad thatthree months before the Iowa caucus and annually then personal conversation, employees who were not in the area are lying about what occurred.
“What I’d state that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist, and a liar who’d weaponize whatever he would. Can I feel a girl can acquire in 2020? Obviously! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes 2016.”